…a bunch of media, entertainment and consumer electronics companies are working together on something called “Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem”, or DECE, which is a set of standards to develop a uniform media device ecosystem, the tenth such effort over the years. The details will apparently be announced at CES in Jan next year.
The group includes Alcatel-Lucent, Best Buy, Cisco, Comcast, News Corp’s Fox Entertainment Group, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Lions Gate Entertainment, Microsoft, NBC Universal, Viacom’s Paramount Pictures, Philips, Sony, Toshiba, VeriSign, and Time Warner’s Warner Bros. Guess the company everyone’s aiming for who isn’t in there…
- ABA = Anybody But Apple
- CSS = Content Scrambling System
- AACS = Advanced Access Content System
- DRM = Digital Rights Management
- DECE = Digital Entertainment Content Ecosystem
- PLOAP = Painting Lipstick On A Pig
If Microsoft’s PlaysForSure failed, why would DECE succeed?